Friday, December 30, 2016

HAPPY - The Rebuilding of Crash thanks to SURE WILL and DDP YOGA - Week Two

HAPPY - The Rebuilding of Crash thanks to SURE WILL and DDP YOGA - Week Two

Here we are at the end of week #2. I guess we could have used KISS' "Deuce" as the theme! ;-) "Happy" works MUCH better, no offense to "THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD"! They know they're one of my favs!

So, where does "Happy" come from you ask? Well, pour a tall drink, get cozy and I'll tell ya'all the story....about a man named Jed, a poor Mountaineer who barely kept his family fed, then one day he was shootin at some food and up through the ground come a bubblin crude. 

Oh c'mon, that was funny! Just be thankful I typed out the REAL version and not the XXX version I performed in Mrs. Criss' (real name, not kidding, no relation to ex-KISS drummer) "Creative Thinking" class in 1995 @ Goddard High School in Goddard, KS. I was being creative so Mrs. Criss did not bat an eye.

Enough sidetracking, week #2 has a "Happy" theme because I am just that, H-A-P-P-Y! It has been a good week. Sold some stuff and was able to buy that incumbent bike, celebrated Christmas for the first time since I shunned it back in 1992 due to materialistic and hypocritical religious family members. I even hosted a lil' Christmas shindig for Josh, Crystal, Parker and I. 

This Sunday, my nephew Parker and I are having our first "Cowabunga Dude Sleepover" here at Casa de Crash. We will watch TMNT's, make homeade pizza, drink pop, eat candy and have a burping & farting contest! Ohhh, yes, he will be learning bad words too!

I've continued to do my morning DDP YOGA, arm strength and lung opening workouts & been vigilant about remembering to take my meds. Cutting down on oxygen and seeing an increase in how long I get walk around without leaning on something or sitting down. Makes me happy, my personal physical goats are getting closer to being accomolished.

The other night, my nephew Parker, was out for his nightly walk and decided to stop in & give me a two-fold surprise. One being his presence and two being an ornament he bought at Hobby Lobby with some of his piggy bank money. He even wrote Crash on the banner. We work on his spelling, reading and writing ALOT. He is way ahead of the curve for his age & that makes me HAPPY! I did get a bit teary eyed when I opened the ornament. He insisted it be wrapped so I could unwrap a surprise!


After they left, I got to thinking about my nephew Zander who died on 07.04.2014 from MAJOR heart issues after his body rejected his heart transplant. He was a TMNT buddy too! I MC'd his celebration of life per his wishes and believe he is my "guardian turtle-angel"!

Here's the story of Zander's 12" Mikey that I inherited! Cowabunga to my lil' huggin' buddy in the great beyond!


I've been catching up on my backlogged product reviews and transcribing interviews that have collected dust while in-and-out of ICU's. This week I was watching YouTube interviews with, IMO, THE WORLDS GREATEST DRUMMER, Mr. Kenny Aronoff and discovered one from AfterBuzzTV hosted by a James Lott, Jr. OMG, I LOVE his vibe and interview style. You can tell he's very knowledgeable about AND loves the subject at hand. That is how I TRY to model my writing as I refuse to write negative reviews or conduct interviews with artists I dislike.

I did a Google search on Mr. Lott and quickly liked or subscribed to his various social media outlets. I've also watched and/or listened to many of his interviews with a diverse selection of artists. Wow! #BlownAway 

Although I've been writing about my love of music since 1991, I feel that you must continue to learn and I feel I could learn ALOT from James Lott, Jr. I wrote him on Facebook to express my admiration for his style. He quickly replied. I told him I wrote and he replied he'd like to read my work so I sent him the links to my latest album review at LRI & the link to this blog.

Talk about humbling when someone you admire who has lightyears more experience in the field you both love asks to read your work!

#TotalFanBoyMoment & #Happy

Lyrics to HAPPY.....

[Verse 1:]
It might seem crazy what I'm about to say
Sunshine she's here, you can take a break
I'm a hot air balloon that could go to space
With the air, like I don't care, baby, by the way

Uh

[Chorus:]
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do

[Verse 2:]
Here come bad news talking this and that, yeah,
Well, give me all you got, and don't hold it back, yeah,
Well, I should probably warn you I'll be just fine, yeah,
No offense to you, don't waste your time
Here's why

[Chorus]

Hey
Go
Uh

[Bridge:]
(Happy)
Bring me down
Can't nothing
Bring me down
My level's too high
Bring me down
Can't nothing
Bring me down
I said (let me tell you now)
Bring me down
Can't nothing
Bring me down
My level's too high
Bring me down
Can't nothing
Bring me down
I said

[Chorus 2x]

Hey
Go
Uh

(Happy) [repeats]
Bring me down... can't nothing...
Bring me down... my level's too high...
Bring me down... can't nothing...
Bring me down, I said (let me tell you now)

[Chorus 2x]

Hey
C'mon

"HAPPY" VIDEO....



See ya'all next week!

Cheers,
Crash
iiii]:-D~



##################

No comments:

Post a Comment